Track User Session Information
Track User Session Info on Web Forms
Did you know you can use the User Session element on web forms to learn an the IP address, referral URL, browser type, operating system, and more for any given submission?
Here are some examples of how you might use it:
1. The referrer URL can help you learn how users are accessing your forms, whether linking from your website or elsewhere.
2. Learn what portion of your users are using the form from a mobile device.
3. See if people are filling out your form from within your municipality or not by checking the IP address.
4. Ensure that you have all the right information about the incident for IT Help Desk tickets, saving time and resources!
You can customize which info you would like to capture on a form-by-form basis.
How to Set it Up:
1. On Web Forms or Wizard, navigate to Specialty Tools
2. Either click or drag and drop the User's Session Information element
3. Click the Settings Icon to bring up the Element Inspector
4. Toggle on/off the types of information you want to record
NOTE: This information will not appear on the submission PDF. It can be accessed in the Submission Manager, GRM, or exported CSV file.
As always, we value your feedback. If you have any questions or requests around the feature or how to set it up, contact your Success Manager or email email@example.com.